News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

ok so i have written an RPG game now .....

Started by crome54, February 24, 2007, 04:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crome54

Ok, I'm in the process of designing a futuristic roll playing game and I'm about 70% way through writing it.  I am starting to look for someone who is an accomplished editor I will also be looking for play testers so if you're interested please e-mail me at Rjirout@yahoo.com

Is this the right approach or am I just spinning my wheels?

Thanks
Bob

sean2099

Hi Bob,

I won't say its the wrong approach but most people would like to far more information about your game than what you have listed so far.  If you haven't done this already, I would look for Troy's Power 19 or the Big 3 as a guide to design and to giving people information they would want.

In addition, if you have playtesting any part of your game at all, I would post the results of that.  One suggestion would be to read what other people have wrote to give you some idea of what to post in the playtesting and/or actual play sub-forums.  You'll definitely get help with design and if you have an interesting or novel game, then you might just get playtesters. 

Then, when you are ready, I would post in the connections forum once you are ready for playtesters and editor.  But that's putting the cart before the horse. 

Welcome to the forge.

Sean
http://www.agesgaming.bravehost.com

agesgaming_divinity subscribe@yahoogroups.com

email to join AGES Gaming Yahoo Group
it's my lil' website.

crome54

Thanks Sean let me put something together for the web. 

crome54

hix

Hi Bob,

They are a set of questions. Their aim's to guide you through thinking about aspects of your RPG.

Troy Costick explains it in much more detail at his blog - and here's a link to a post where you can find his summaries of them.

Good luck with the game!
Cheers,
Steve

Gametime: a New Zealand blog about RPGs

sean2099

Sorry about that, I couldn't remember where the link was.  I had hoped some kind Forge person would come and paste it in here.

Thanks,

Sean
http://www.agesgaming.bravehost.com

agesgaming_divinity subscribe@yahoogroups.com

email to join AGES Gaming Yahoo Group
it's my lil' website.