News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Shock: squares

Started by Larry L., November 05, 2007, 11:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry L.

J,

Would it be too much trouble to produce versions of the three character sheet dealies with crop marks printed on the page? The design loses a lot of its visual impact when printed on a plain ol' 8.5x11 page. I've got this idea in my head to print these on ultra-white cardstock, then trim them down to perfect squares.

Joshua A.C. Newman

Hey, Larry.

You should be able to get that straight out of Acrobat.

Now, I say that, but mysteriously, I can't do it myself. The options are greyed out. Hmmmm.

Check in the Advanced tab in Acrobat. You should see Marks and Bleeds. The file actually has bleed for just this purpose, so set it to the standard of .125".

Let me know if it works. I'm a little irked that I can't get it to happen myself.
the glyphpress's games are Shock: Social Science Fiction and Under the Bed.

I design books like Dogs in the Vineyard and The Mountain Witch.

Larry L.

J,

Oddly, I also half-remember such an option. However, I checked in the latest version of Acrobat Reader and no such option exists. There's an option in Preferences to display these sorts of lines, but that affects screen display, not printing.

Joshua A.C. Newman

Man.

Weird.

OK, I'll make some new files. Or if someone else wants to beat me to it, you can crack those files open in Illustrator and do whatever you want to them.
the glyphpress's games are Shock: Social Science Fiction and Under the Bed.

I design books like Dogs in the Vineyard and The Mountain Witch.