News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Mini-Comic in Iconia

Started by Cynthia Celeste Miller, June 15, 2002, 08:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynthia Celeste Miller

I just completed the script for a 26-panel mini-comic that will go into the  Iconia book.  It will be fashioned to look like one of those mini-comics that were included in many action figure packages back in the day (Masters of the Universe, Sectaurs, etc.).  It even features a full-page advertisement for the ficticious line of Warriors of the Cosmos action figures.

I'm honestly having a lot of fun coming up with ways to increase the immersion level of this product.  

I'm just curious about what everyone thinks about the inclusion of things designed to make the product feel like something based on the 1980s cartoons.
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com

Doc_Chronos

I like the idea myself. I wouldn't mind seeing action figures somewhere down the road, if it comes to that.

Doc Chronos

Cynthia Celeste Miller

Thanks, Doc.  

I, too, would love to see CAH action figures at some point.  Unfortunately, that's more of a pipe dream than anything.  Given our budget, it's definitely a pipe dream.  At least for the foreseeable future.

Then again, a fellow who goes by the name "Naughty Bishop" on RPG.net is planning to do a custom action figure (complete with its own package) for the big contest we're running.  So, we may very well see a CAH action figure after all.  :)
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com

Doc_Chronos

That sounds great. The other thing you could do, is follow in the footsteps of Phil and Kaja Foglio. In each issue of thier wonderful comic Girl Genius, they do paper action figures on the inside of the covers ("they have two actions, they stand up, and they fall over"). You could do them up as pdf files, in both action figure size, and cardboard hero size. I'd buy 'em.

Doc Chronos