News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

What is your most important feature of a modern Fantasy-RPG?

Started by scrandy, March 19, 2007, 04:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrandy

Hi, people!
I'am Andy Paland, called scrandy on the net.

I'm working on a new Fantasy-RPG which I announced here: http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=23484.0.
Since I found out that it is more interesting to you to talk about ideas than about a system itself, I start a new Feature-Thread here:

So my Question is: What is your most important feature of a modern Fantasy-RPG?

Well, I'm not talking about dice-types or game mechanics here but more of game-ideas, setting-types or a certain feeling, that a game should have. It is about what should the group get out of the game and how could it be done.

Please tell me your opinions!

And please, if you say something like ,,it should be like GAME-XY" then mention what makes it so unique and don't think that everybody must know (because I probably don't).

Thanks!

Ry

Comeraderie.  If a fantasy game doesn't help my friends feel like they're working together as a team, and connecting with each other because of the shared experience, then I will pass it by.  This realization has probably killed Trollbabe for me, but so be it.

scrandy

Yes I think Comeraderie is very important.
Another aspect for me would be Tension. Well, it has not to be tension in a thriller kind of way. But the group has to feel that they are entering a different world and that every second something important could happen, to what they have to react...

So... I made my contribution, but I hoped that more people do really want to make a wishlist for a RPG. Well, it is not only about my game. I think if we can really put together some sort of list of things that people want from a RPG, we really can make better games. -> Or am I mistaken and there is allready such a thing???
Or do you really want to only do your thing in your games and produce it for only a handful people to play.
I think for anything else, we need to know what people want from their systems. So start with you!
Please spend a minute here and tell me your most wanted feature of a RPG!!!