News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Let me be your corporate man-whore!

Started by jdrakeh, March 20, 2007, 04:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdrakeh

So. . .

Here's the deal: I have an old, faded, tattoo on the back of my neck that looks horrible. And I couldn't rightly think of what I should cover it up with until a friend of mine suggested this. . . "Why not cover it up with something game-related?"

So, where do you come in? Well, I've decided to open up that highly visible 4" x 6" swath of organic canvas to you! That's right -- you can pay to have somebody hold me down and emblazon your company logo on my neck and head, in glorious full-color!

Why should you do this? Well, aside from receiving tons of public representation at Colorado Springs (and Denver) area game stores, you'll also get at least one annual con appearance out of me and the novelty itself will have people on the forums talking for months (and just in case it doesn't, I'll provide pics of the process for use as a promotional aid).

And, of course, if I've publically damned your company in the past, this is a great opportunity for revenge! ;)

From now until the end of March (03/31/07), you can submit a silent bid via email, letting me know how much you are willing to pay for such a unique opportunity. Be certain to include the words "Tattoo Bid" in the subject line of your email.

[The Small Print: Despite the title of this announcement, the bidding is open to all RPG-related companies, not just publishers. Finally, for obvious reasons, I have set a reserve price that must be met in order to win the auction.]
Sincerely,
James D. Hargrove

jdrakeh

Just so everybody knows, the reserve isn't astronomical -- this auction is primarily an opportunity for me to help out (read "promote") a hobby pasttime that I am (obviously) very passionate about (and, yeah, I'll make a wee bit of money, too).

This being the case, I want everybody interested to have a reasonable shot, so the reserve has been kept low enough that small-press/indie publishers aren't immediately knocked out of the bidding. If it were all about the money, I'd be listing this on eBay ;)
Sincerely,
James D. Hargrove

jdrakeh

Well, folks, the current high bid is $1,000!
Sincerely,
James D. Hargrove

jdrakeh

Well, I'm starting to think that the 1k bid might have it -- I've had a few more fishing emails, but no more bids just yet. By all means, feel free to post links to this thread at your [other] favorite forums, folks (at the least, it should draw a bit of traffic for The Forge).
Sincerely,
James D. Hargrove

Eero Tuovinen

OK, I have to ask: are you getting bids from indie designers? And do tell us who wins, I'm curious to hear who wants to spend $1k on your tattoo. I should apparently get into the advertisement trade myself.

Other than that: too crazy. Rock on, man.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

jdrakeh

Quote from: Eero Tuovinen on March 22, 2007, 07:40:14 PM
OK, I have to ask: are you getting bids from indie designers?

A few, yes.

QuoteAnd do tell us who wins, I'm curious to hear who wants to spend $1k on your tattoo.

I'll announce the end of the auction, of course, but how/when the winner wants to announce their victory is entirely up to them (I assume that they'll wait until they get the before/during/after photos of the ink slinging session).

QuoteOther than that: too crazy. Rock on, man.

Well, one has to be willing to take some risks to get ahead ;)
Sincerely,
James D. Hargrove

Ron Edwards

jdrakeh

Quote from: Ron Edwards on March 26, 2007, 10:49:04 PM
Holy moley.

I am awed.

Best, Ron

. . . and I'm thinking about having a Swords of Strange Aeons (a free-press thing I'm working on) full back spread done next year (of course, I won't be auctioning that bit off).
Sincerely,
James D. Hargrove

jdrakeh

Oh, wait. . . are you awed that people bid on it or that I offered the space to begin with? ;)
Sincerely,
James D. Hargrove

jdrakeh

We're closing in on an auction winner, folks (three days left to bid)!
Sincerely,
James D. Hargrove

jdrakeh

The auction has ended, a winning bid has been received, and the winner will be contacted tomorrow (to avoid a misperception that this was an April Fool's Day prank). Being a 'silent' auction, the winner will remain undisclosed until such time as they (i.e., the winner) choose to reveal their identity publically.
Sincerely,
James D. Hargrove