News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

ROBOTS & RAPIERS BETA V2.3 NOW AVAILABLE

Started by Valamir, April 07, 2007, 12:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valamir

At long last, Robots & Rapiers is nearing completion of the design stage.  The game has gone through major revisions the last couple of years but is now at a point where the the large issues are working well.  There's still a number of smaller issues that need to be added, eliminated, or adjusted and that's where you come in.

I'm looking for three sorts of help I need with the final round of playtesting:

1) people who have a game group and are interested in giving the game a try in real, around the table, actual play.  Sample characters and two complete scenarios are included so after learning the rules you're ready to jump in.

2) if you don't have a group to play with there are still ways you can help.  There is a second layer to R&R where major factions in the game world work to pursue their own agendas using rolls on a series of tables and "strength checks" to identify and then accomplish their goals.  As they confront each other, society collapses around them.  This section is designed for the GM to run through in between sessions to generate the overall story arc (unique with each play) of the game.  Needed are people to run solo through this procedure (multiple times) looking for places where it breaks, where the math behind the tables either leads to long term stagnation, or too immediate collapse.  If you don't have a group and still want to help, and have a few hours to sit and roll some dice and fill in results on a campaign log (essentially fast forwarding through several sessions of play) this is a big one.

3) NPCs.  As the game enters into its final stages I want to provide a gallery of NPCs from generic servants to well known people of importance.  I also need to hammer the character creation rules hard to nail down the final adjustments.  If you want to create a bunch of characters with unique positions in the city of Auvernais, from swashbucklers to storekeepers, this is for you.

I'd like to keep a handle on everyone who's interested so rather than publish the link publically shoot me an email or PM and send it to you.

Thanks.

Ralph