News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Second Game: Zombies of Orion

Started by Robotech_Master, April 22, 2007, 07:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robotech_Master

This game had four players, at a gaming-group picnic a friend put on.

I proposed as the the first tenet, "Orion needs to be rescued."

The guy to my left then said, "It needs to have zombies. Lots of zombies." What a surprise.

It came out that Orion was a secret service agent with a strong antipathy toward zombies, who crashed on an alien planet infested with them. There were not one but two nasty alien races who created and rode zombies: the Icks and the Necronauts. There was a team of adventurers gathered together (with an Adventurer master class to account for their equipment) to go find Orion.

The first scene was a little slow, as adventure characters were created and had a brief argument with each other over terms of pay. Then the next scene had Orion on the zombified planet blowing away zombies with a shotgun. After that we ran out of time to play.

We had fun, and a couple of the guys I played with were interested in possibly buying a copy of the game off of me. All in all, it went very well.

Valamir

Now you know why I put a special zombie example section in the revised edition :-)

I don't know why...people just have this thing for zombies.

Mike Holmes

How specific did you get with the equipment for the adventurer master class? Was it just like "Equipment" or "Zombiscope" and "Zomberadicator Ray"

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.