News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[psi run] At the Crossroads

Started by chris_moore, May 02, 2007, 10:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris_moore

Okay, so characters are amnesiac psychics on the run from their handlers.  They try to keep their freedom while reclaiming their memories and identity.  Several posts about it in this forum and Playtesting.

When one character in the group has all of their questions answered, it's time for the endgame, called the Crossroads.  Players will narrate their character's epilogue, following one of these Crossroad Paths.

Home

Holed-up

Turned the Tables

On the Run

I think it would be fun to leave these Paths intriguingly undefined;  let the players narrate their epilogue with these Path phrases as a constraint.  Players must also include their Answers (see previous posts) and the in-game fiction to justify their choice.

My questions:

What other Paths could there be?

Should I limit the Path choices that a player has access to, perhaps based on the number of Answers they have? 

What do you think of the lack of definition of the Paths?

Thanks, Chris

Iowa Indie Gamers!

lumpley

Have you reached the crossroads in playtesting?

chris_moore

Iowa Indie Gamers!

lumpley

Cool. I'll be interested to hear.

I super like the idea of fewer questions answered = your fellow players have more say about your character's epilogue, but who knows what actual play will require.

-Vincent

joepub

I like the general idea of vague Paths.

"On The Run" as a final ending feels like it might or might not be fun, because the game is about being on the run and so it doesn't really feel like much of an ending.

Other possible paths:

Face to face.
A new family.
The mission.