News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Weighted Glory

Started by claes, May 10, 2007, 07:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claes

I've just read through Agon and found it very interesting. Especially the competetive aspect. In may gaming group we'll probably play the game when not all of us can participate when we're playing a campaign in another rpg. One of my players raised the a question though. What if a player can't participate in a couple of Agon quests, what about the competetivness between the players? Wouldn't he be loosing most of the tests and conflicts?

One thing that poped up in mind was that maybe there is a possibility to use som sort of weighted award system, a handicap system if you will. Have anyone tried this? Would it be possible?

RPL

Hi,

I'm playing a Agon campaign right now and one of the players came in one session late, what we (him included) decided was that he would start at zero glory, interestingly the players reply to this was "Cool! then I just have to fight harder in order to cover the difference".

It has also came up the hypotheses of not all players being able to make it to every session, so we decided that when that happens we just don't consider him for glory awards purposes and when he returns he'll have the exact same glory he had at the end of this last session and just have to fight harder to cover that difference.

Hope this helped.

Diogo Curado

Ronny Hedin

My impression is that the scoring is really meant to be measured by "final score", eg having as much glory as possible before Fate catches up with you, as the fair measure.

That, thought, would involve quite a bit of play. (Not necessarily continuus--you could compare with heroes past.)

For all-mortal, as I have, maybe it would work to just divide by fate for running score?

Maybe the suggestion on the wiki may also be worth looking into?

(Disclaimer: These are just random musings not yet based on actually having played the game.)
Ronny Hedin (thark)

claes

Good suggestions. Thanks.

As I haven't played Agon yet, I'm not sure if it's going to be a problem. Maybe, as a player you just have to pick your fights carefully, and get some oaths to back you up with. But, as you said, in the end it's the final score that counts.