News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

I has a game!

Started by Narf the Mouse, April 17, 2007, 11:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narf the Mouse

So there I was, staring my past failures in the face (Particularly Tales from the Rusty Broadsword Inn, which I posted about in First Thoughts many moons ago. Particularly, I was thinking about how complicated it had gotten compared to its goal of simplicity) when suddenly I was smacked in the face (Metaphorically speaking) with Risus and Fate. Inserting the two systems into a blender along with my own concepts (Literally speaking - No, really, I've got this neat Idea Blender that comes up with...And you're not believing a word I'm saying, are you?)...

...Anyway, I came up with this, which is a mix of risus, fate and my own ideas and probably doesn't suck. It's seven pages and definitly pre-alpha, but it's fully playable (Based on a single combat encounter my brother and I played out) and allows for any character you want with the capability to inflict any kind of damage you want, including confusion. The downside is there are no specialized mechanics for anything; the closest are some rules for retainers and summons and some notes for conflict.

If you're feeling brave enough to playtest, go right ahead. Just PM me when you start so I know what's happening and PM me when you finish so I know how it plays. Particularly, how are the costs for buying stuff with fate points? With Margin of Success? If, or when you were confused, what parts were confusing? Just how bad is the spelinq, anyway?

northerain

Narf the Mouse

Come on, guys...140+ views, one month...Someone has to have at least read it. :)