News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Writing for After These Messages...

Started by Ian O'Rourke, June 07, 2002, 07:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian O'Rourke

Early days and all that - but what would be the process for writing for After These Messages (well, getting the game would probably come first) but beyond that point?
Ian O'Rourke
www.fandomlife.net
The e-zine of SciFi media and Fandom Culture.

Cynthia Celeste Miller

Hiya Ian,

Actually, I've been discussing that with Skitchie and we're working up submission guidelines as we speak.  I'll make those publically available as soon as they're finished.  

In any case, we're hoping to go bi-monthly with the magazine, with each issue being somewhere around 20-25 pages.  We're considering having the first issue double-sized.

Sorry I'm not able to give you much concrete data here, but I'll see to it that you get the guidelines ASAP.  :)
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com

Cynthia Celeste Miller

I've posted the submission guidelines to the Spectrum Game Studios site in the Freebies section (which will soon be renamed "Downloads").
Cynthia Celeste Miller
www.spectrum-games.com

Jason Sartin

Quote from: Cynthia Celeste MillerI've posted the submission guidelines to the Spectrum Game Studios site in the Freebies section (which will soon be renamed "Downloads").

Hoorah.

By the way, do you know how long the upcoming SA handbook going to be yet?
I think of "science" as the rule system for the most mind-numbingly awful RPG ever. And don't even mention all the "religion" sourcebooks and their damn metaplots and how they all contradict the basic rules and each other.

Cynthia Celeste Miller

Nope, not yet.  We really haven't started on it yet, as we're busting our booties to get Darkness Unleashed and Iconia ready to go before we can really concentrate on the SA Handbook.  

In any event, it's probably going to be in the 50-80 page range.  Just at a guess.
Cynthia Celeste Miller
www.spectrum-games.com