News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Machyna steampunk RPG: A thank you to the Forge and playtesting invite!

Started by Del_Esau, July 26, 2007, 08:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Del_Esau

Wow,

I started work on Machyna in '03. I took Emily Dresner-Thornber's advice and wrote out the concept and synopsis and posted that and background info here on the Forge. The game was encourged and people had some really great advice.

Then in 2004 my life went sideways and shelter was a luxury. I won't get into it but it was a very hard year. I very well could have died.

I returned to my studio at Christmas '04 with nothing but the support of my family, and oddly enough, two game professionals, Brad and Katarie. I went back to work. Many in the industry hated me by now but that was a bridge I burned myself, I admit. I hope to heal a few of those rifts.

Now I present Machyna playtesting open to anyone. As it is probably the first true web-site rulebook, the players' guide finished and posted, all you have to do is open this URL:

http://www.rogueai.com/machyna/

I am hoping to have the GMs guide posted by mid August.

Being a writer, having published my first boardgame, Wetwar, and now Machyna, it saved my life. If you want to write I encourage you to do so. If *I* can do it so can you.

As it goes for playtesting in the next few weeks people could help out by making up characters with the system provided. ANY advice from people here is welcome. I have a pretty thick skin.

I thank the Forge for hosting creative ventures that give hope.

Best regards,

Del Esau
Black Powder Games
www.rogueai.com

Del_Esau