News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Road Trip RPG?

Started by Narf the Mouse, May 31, 2007, 04:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narf the Mouse

I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but I was just thinking...

Anyway, I've never been on a road trip, so I wouldn't be the best person to make it, but from what I've heard of them, a road trip RPG could be a lot of fun.

Initial thoughts: Players would spend some sort of in-game currency to add Complications to each others' characters. Those players would then have to solve those complications or the complications would follow them.
Damage would be done to Dignity. There would be two winners at the end (When everyone gets back) - One would be the person with the most Dignity left, the other would be the person with the least Dignity (But still over zero).

Properly done, it could be a simple and fun party game.

Thoughts? I throw this out there for anyone to make.

brainwipe

Hey Narf, an intriguing idea! I love road trip films, it has to be said. Are you not thinking of developing this idea yourself?

Aaron Blain

From the thread title, I was hoping for an RPG to be played in the car, resolved with road signs. Your beverage is your potion stock. Heroes get healed during the pee stop. Every turn or lane change is a plot twist. Etc.

For my part, I think I would rather just GO on a wild road trip rather than fantasizing about one. However, if the road trips in the game were to some degree fantastical (exaggerated beyond anything I ever could or would want to experience), I would find the game interesting.

I.e.  Dan became the bandito-king of Mexico, Paul got abducted by aliens who look like Elton John . . . A game that helped generated such silliness, perhaps along with pop culture satire, would be great fun.

Seriously -- who WOULDN'T play Harold and Kumar : The Game ?