News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Dos and Don'ts of Online Marketing - Cost effective ways to share your product.

Started by C.W.Richeson, May 26, 2007, 12:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.W.Richeson

I'm writing up a short article on resources available to small press publishers for online marketing and I'd like to hear from publishers on this topic.  What has, and has not, worked well in your experience?  For those working towards publishing a new product, what steps do you intend to take to market that product?

Any comments are most welcome.

Valamir

Any thought on posting the draft of the article and then soliciting feed back on confirming or contra indications.

That would be easier to respond to than an open "what's worked" question.

C.W.Richeson

Probably so, but I've gotten some great feedback on other forums so far.  Thanks!

C.W.Richeson

The finished column may be found here.

Comments, positive or negative, are very welcome and will help to create a lasting introductory resource.

Jason Morningstar

Hye Chris,

I read your article and it was good!  I think one thing that wasn't communicated effectively to me is that any of those steps needs to be done with clarity of purpose and sincerity.  You need to communicate your enthusiasm rather than a marketing message, because people generally want relationships and excitement rather than sales and hype.  The huge advantage of small press publishing is that you can form individual relationships with your customers.