News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Disclosure

Started by The Bane, June 15, 2007, 10:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bane

This may be a funny question to most, but I just purchased the PDF and am dieing to run a PbP game of it. I am wondering what amount/type of information that I can provide to players that don't have the book in any format. I wouldn't dream of dispersing the PDF (I bought it and feel it is important to support the designers of their games, so others should too), but what about typing up some form of character creation guidelines or fundamentals of conflicts? What is normally exceptable?

The Bane

zornwil

Hi, lumpley/Vincent Baker has posted some free play aids at http://www.lumpley.com/games/dogsources.html which and note that the pullouts have basic conflict and fallout info on them, enough in my experience for players.  I wrote up a new flow of conflict just to add in a couple simple things and Vincent said he would post it, but hasn't, so maybe that was too much to post online (I would understand that).  I don't see anything that lists backgrounds versus dice you get, but that's only done once per PC and is supposed to (and really really really ought to) be done as a group so not really a big deal IMHO.

I can't speak for what else is kosher to share, but thought at least in the interim this would help as a what's-immediately-possible.
- Wilson

Filip Luszczyk

Backgrounds were disclosed by Vincent himself, here in this thread.

The Bane

Thank you both. That was about the extent that I figured, but seeing it from 'The Man Himself' makes me comfortable with what should be exceptable. Great community, awesome game, can't wait to kick the tires on this one and get my mileage out of the PDF.

The Bane

Thanks again for steering me to those links, I did a search guess I didn't search for right topics.