News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Question for moderators

Started by Michael Hopcroft, June 16, 2002, 02:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Hopcroft

The PDF of my game will be coming out in two weeks -- U just found out from my typesetter it will be ready June 24th. I want to offer it for sale shortly thereafter.

I want to know if Seraphim Guard is eligible for a forum on the Forge message board (the way Cartoon Action and several other games  have message boards) and if so how I obtain one.
Michael Hopcroft Press: Where you go when you want something unique!
http:/www.mphpress.com

Ron Edwards

Hi Michael,

My and Clinton's methods for deciding who gets a forum have undergone a lot of changes since the Forge became re-activated. At the moment, we're still struggling to come up with a good "bar."

Therefore the following answer, which is what we're going by now, is not very satisfying, I'm sure. It goes: publishers get a Forge forum when (a) the game is actually and readily available to play, (b) it has demonstrated interest and buzz here (and secondarily elsewhere), and (c) I'm not sure what "c" is.

I'm certain everyone has an opinion about this, but ultimately, it's going to come down to executive decision. In the meantime, contact us, talk about it, and go by (a) and (b) and stay in touch about it. You'd be surprised about how easy it is to forget about a game that's out there, and then have the author show up on another forum, pissed as hell that he'd been "excluded."

Best,
Ron