News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Finally!

Started by Bret Gillan, July 14, 2007, 11:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret Gillan

Emily, I finally got to play one of your games!

Me and my friends Jere and Josh played Shooting the Moon and we played two professional wrestlers (Jere and Josh as El Corazon and the Arabian Hedgehog, respectively) competing for the love of the company CEO (Janette Keiths) as well as the fate of the entire company which was on the verge of financial ruin, culminating in a baby oil and speedo exploding ring barbed wire championship title match. It was awesome. One of my favorite things was that at one point Jere mentioned that it was hard to tell whether our story was "real life" or just another pro wrestling storyline and the cameras were on the whole time.

Anyhow, the game rocked. I love collaborative character creation! Jere expressed interest in doing a more serious game sometime.

Yeah! I'll probably make a decent AP later but I wanted to do a little celebratory dance right away.

Emily Care

Yay, Bret! That sounds awesome.

Quote from: Bret Gillan on July 14, 2007, 11:55:17 AM
... culminating in a baby oil and speedo exploding ring barbed wire championship title match. way.

Omigosh, I want to hear more about that!

best,
Em
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

Bret Gillan

Heh. Well, earlier in the game the CEO had determined that the key to the SMF's financial success was tapping into an as-of-yet untapped market - females - and that the key to doing so was really playing up the sexuality and homoeroticism of professional wrestling. Hence, the baby oil and speedos.

Everything else was just standard crazy pro-wrestling fare. :) We love our extreme wrestling.

Also, I actually have a couple rules questions!

At what point does the group determine what the Prize is? Because we went through the character creation section and had characters practically done before I said, "Oh crap - the Prize!" Maybe I missed it but I couldn't find it.

I don't have my book on me so I can't cite pages, but in the conflict phase you can gain dice by narrating traits in the scene. Now, does lower-cased traits mean anything including Attributes, Person Place and Thing, and Traits, or does it really mean just Traits that were assigned to you as a result of prior conflicts?

Emily Care

Hey Bret,

Very cool. Homoeroticism is (pretty much) always a plus.

Rules questions:
You choose the Prize at the end of character creation. It's the last thing you do before playing. The players of the two Suitors need to agree on the same thing that both characters are after. It's always kind of funny that the Beloved doesn't get to choose. :)

And yes, it's traits with a small "t". Pretty much anything written under the character is fair game.

best,
Em
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

Bret Gillan

Awesome! Looks like we accidentally did everything right! :)