News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Ashcan Front FAQ

Started by Paul Czege, March 04, 2007, 12:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

I know it's a bit last second, but I'm in if you'll have me.

Sorcerer & Space

Don't know why it hadn't occured to me before. Been sitting on this unable to move it forward for years. The Ashcan process is, of course, precisely what it needs.

And I may have one other product available too, but I have to look into a few things...

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Paul Czege

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the Front. (You know that you personally have always been fighting at the Front, right?)

The limit for the booth is one game per designer, however, so choose wisely...

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

michael lingner

Hey Matt(& every one else), this Michael Lingner, Chris Moore's PsiRUN cohort. i just wanted to ask if  our membership status is confirmed & set in the Ashcan Front booth? if not is there anything else that we need to do to comply with the process?  thanks. 

~cloud
now thyself.

Paul Czege

Hey Michael,

Yes, Chris paid me and provided me with your Gen Con ID numbers, and so now you're committed.

Paul
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Matt Snyder

Quote from: michael lingner on May 31, 2007, 02:04:39 PM
Hey Matt(& every one else), this Michael Lingner, Chris Moore's PsiRUN cohort. i just wanted to ask if  our membership status is confirmed & set in the Ashcan Front booth? if not is there anything else that we need to do to comply with the process?  thanks. 

~cloud

Hi, Michael! I'm really pleased to have you guys on board.

As Paul said, you should be all squared away. The next steps for you are preparing the text and production for printing (in whatever format you guys are going with). We'll also be discussing the games, their formats, and logistics both here and at www.ashcanfront.net. For the immediate future, you're good! Just keep kicking butt with a great game.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

JasonWalters

Are there any more spaces open at the Ashcan Front booth? I'll be working over at the Hero Games/GPA booth during GenCon, but I would like to participate if possible. I gave away 25 copies of the "slashcan" edition of my game - You Brought This On Yourself: The Roleplaying Game Of Slash Film Morality - at Origins and the response has been good so far. It would be neat to make another 25 and sell them at GenCon before I do my actual print run.

I'm not sure how much time I can put in at the booth (Hero Games is paying for me to be at the Con, after all!), but I strongly approve of this project and would like to be a part of it.

Jason Walters   

JasonWalters

Er, "Slasher Film Morality" is what I meant to say!

Jason Walters

Paul Czege

Hey Jason,

Do you still have design issues you're trying to solve? Or is it pretty solid, and you're moving forward on publishing it?

Paul

ptevis

Not to prevent Jason from speaking for himself, but having read the current Slashcan Edition of You Brought This On Yourself (and I'm sorry I haven't commented on it yet), I think it would fit right in.

--Paul
Paul Tevis
Have Games, Will Travel @ http://www.havegameswilltravel.net
A Fistful of Games @ http://afistfulofgames.blogspot.com

Jason Walters

Paul(s)-

Thank you for the complement Paul #2. Paul #1, It's pretty solid but I have some serious concerns about the "game masterless" aspect of YBTOY. It seems to work well for Polaris, but I have taken a different tack with my game & would like more player feedback before publication. If accepted into the booth, I was considering asking for specific input on this topic the final page of the GenCon slashcan edition.

- Jason

Paul Czege

Hey Jason,

As it so happens, Alexander Newman showed me your slashcan briefly at Origins and it looks great. And Matt and I think the booth can support a couple of games by designers who can't be among us to physically represent their own games. So, you already have a badge via Hero Games? Then shoot me a PayPal payment of $100 to paul +at+ halfmeme +dot+ com, with "You Brought This On Yourself for The Ashcan Front" as the subject, and you'll have signed up.

Welcome to the Front.

Paul

JasonWalters

Paul-

Will do and thank you!

Jason

Paul Czege

Hey Jason,

I got your payment. But I get the impression from the "per Jason Walters" note within it that you had someone else submit it on your behalf, and that the email address it came from isn't yours. I need an email address for you.

Thanks,

Paul