Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 10:00:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 69 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [sic] First Thoughts on SET B  (Read 4571 times)
Filip Luszczyk

roll-player

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 10:00:54 AM »

Heh, don't sweat it with the title, if you like it as it is Smiley

Why two attributes for each suit?

Reprobus

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 06:17:24 PM »

Because I think, I need 2 kind of attributes. One for deciding if the character's action was successful or not, and the second one as a registry on the character's personality. Was this an answer, or did I just said the same thing as in my previous post?

This is just an idea. Is there a problem with separating the suits this way? (the first 9 cards to measure the attributes of the first group / the last 4 cards for the character's personality)

My SIC thread about cowboys, pirates and splatterpunk: Disguised by Borrowed Plumes
Christian Liberg

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 05:31:03 AM »

Hehe i really love it, im in the process of creating one such gm less game, where i revolve the narrative constantly.

People already said all the things i thought of when i read your idea for system ( in fact they are all way better at systems than i am, just trying to duck under ) So im just going to say the following, perhaps you could use a poker hand for the start? five card draw replace any given number of cards? dont know if it works for you, but it would fit the western theme.

Concerning the Personality marks and the sociopath, one thing came to mind. What if the sociopath thought that pirates where somehow able to steal his personality marks, or rather, what if they actually could?

Chris
Filip Luszczyk

roll-player

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 09:10:42 AM »

Oh, ok, now the way you want to use cards makes sense to me. I misinterpreted it initially.

Reprobus

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 09:48:41 PM »

ok, I'll try to work with the poker hand idea. in this case the characters will have the personality marks but no other attributes. The cards with the numbers will give the amount of points a player can spend on auctions.

My SIC thread about cowboys, pirates and splatterpunk: Disguised by Borrowed Plumes
Reprobus

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 10:54:39 PM »

Reprobus

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 04:18:19 AM »

Reprobus

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 04:20:50 AM »

I forgot to ask (I really miss the Edit option), do you have any ideas how to use the All In option?

Christian Liberg

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 05:48:15 AM »

All in is a tough one, to convert to the mechanics i think, especially if you decide to hold on the three players max?

Perhaps you could use the all in function as a way of diminishing the impact of the antagonists action.

example.

Killer: im waiting in the shadow, until the thieving no good critter(pirate) is in front of me, and then i cleave him in two. bet 5
Pirate( only has 3 points ):at the dumbest luck i trimble as the blade slices the air, causing the blade to bide down into the back of my shoulder, cutting the muscle. bet all in. Which would make all in a pretty much last defense kind of thing.

Nah think i would scrap the all in idea ( will think further though )
Reprobus

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 07:20:50 AM »

Filip Luszczyk

roll-player

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 03:42:14 PM »

I'm not perfectly sure about it, but maybe it could be more interesting if the objectives were open, or if the player was given an objective from someone else (the GM, probably)?

Vulpinoid

Kitsune Trickster

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2007, 01:33:13 PM »

I've tried to work out a poker based system for a while.

Rarely with much luck though.

Keep trying, I'd like to see where this goes.

V

A.K.A. Michael Wenman
Vulpinoid Studios The Eighth Sea now available for as a pdf for $1.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: