News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A few people may have done this type of game before but I'll take my shot at it.

Started by Starblade, July 24, 2007, 08:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starblade

I am currently in the process of creating a game which is similar to most trading card games but with the exception that it is played on a chess board.

There are three factions in the game, the chess board is going to require several arrangements, and movement is somewhat circular, though I'd call it more specifically octagonal. Most importantly is that I will most likely be updating it after I'm finished and creating several versions. What do you think?

Since I am currently alone in making this game, I have no idea what else I should say, as I have considered more than this as part of the game but I'm not sure which aspects are most important or what kind of questions people are likely to ask. If anybody wants me I will give my contact information out in private messages, but not in public.

FzGhouL

Hello StarBlade,

Please read the sticky posted at the top of this subforum.

What kind of feedback or help are you looking for? A few questions I have for you to boil over are:
-Do the cards fit on the Chess board?
-Is an 8x8 grid sufficient?
-Is it a Role-playing game or simply just a strategy game? (If it is not a role-playing game, there are more appropriate forums).

This subforum isn't a place to market your game, rather it is the starting point so other game designers can give you feedback.

Anyways, thank you.

~Mohammad.

Narmical

Quote from: FzGhouL on July 24, 2007, 11:59:02 PM
-Is it a Role-playing game or simply just a strategy game? (If it is not a role-playing game, there are more appropriate forums).

When you say forum do you mean on this website? or a diffrent website?
If so, what website. i would like to check such a website out

--Mitch

Starblade

I too would like to know where I can get help for such a game. Please inform me of alternative forums. I know of none.

David Artman

Major Review Site:
Board Game Geek

20 second search on Google:
Board Game design forum

Time to do search and type this post: about two minutes.

:^|
David
Designer - GLASS, Icehouse Games
Editor - Perfect, Passages

Starblade

This isn't quite a board game. It's more of a trading card game that utilizes some board aspects. Just like an RPG that utilizes a board would be no less an RPG, a Trading Card Game such as this needs to be referred to as a TCG, not a board game.

I can incorporate RPG elements into the game if needed, but right now I don't know how that would work.

David Artman

"Starblade,"

Both Mohammad and I have pointed you in the right direction: elsewhere. The Forge just isn't the place you want to be, if you really have plans to pursue a TCG or board game or whatever. In general, we're here to discuss development and play of role-playing games. As such, you'll get minimal feedback here, and most of us don't have professional experience with producing TCGs or board games anyway (though there's a few of us who do).

You're free to try to drum up interest, I suppose... but if your goal is to actually work on and finish your game, you're better off at one of the sites I linked above (or do a Google search for others).

HTH;
David
Designer - GLASS, Icehouse Games
Editor - Perfect, Passages

Narmical

I seem to remember people discussing trading card games on this site before. Specificaly that game "The Supers". Was that just out of the ordinary?