Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 09:31:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 62 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Shock: 1.1 Q&A  (Read 13754 times)
ldd23

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 06:10:40 PM »

Antagonists escalate just like Protagonists if their rolls end up on the fulcrum, right?

When you escalate, what happens to the original intent?  It's put aside while you resolve the escalation, but does it also resolve with the new, escalated intent?  Does it just turn into a failure?

Say, frex, my *tagonist is hacking into a computer database to plant evidence about my rival.  My intent is "If I succeed, the police will raid my rival and shut down his operation."  I land on the fulcrum, and the situation escalates.  Now the police are on to my hacking attempt.  What should the new intent cover, and who states it?  For this situation, it seems like there's an implied "If I fail, the police will..." going on, but who gets to fill it in?  Is it something the players should come to a consensus on, or is it up to the opposition?  And if I succeed on the escalated roll, have I also succeeded on my original intent, so the police raid my rival?

Also, for clarification, when an Antagonist fails to achieve their intent, do they get a new minutia?

Thanks,

-Greg
Joshua A.C. Newman

the glyphpress

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 12:42:10 PM »

ldd,

It works like this: you're doing something, and you don't quite get it because stuff got more complicated. You're trying to get something, but now there's something else in the way.

In your example, the way escalation works is, your Antag set your new Intent that includes your old Intent

the glyphpress's games are Shock: Social Science Fiction and Under the Bed.

I design books like Dogs in the Vineyard and The Mountain Witch.
biotaps35
Registree

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 06:20:56 PM »

Welcome to Lotro and Gladden. For the most part the community is pretty helpful. Every now and then you get the people who seem to cause more trouble than help but they are few and far between.
Joshua A.C. Newman

the glyphpress

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 06:23:54 PM »

Are you a spambot? Or are you a vision of a Duchampian future?

Christoph Boeckle

Geneva, Switzerland

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 11:35:53 AM »

Hi Joshua

He has come up a few times, Ben Lehman is tackling him as well. Duchampian future all the way!

Regards,
Christoph
Joshua A.C. Newman

the glyphpress

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 12:17:36 PM »

It's eerie. It's really like it's struggling to gain sapience.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: