News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Shadow Boxers

Started by Jared A. Sorensen, June 08, 2002, 11:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared A. Sorensen

I woke up with the word "shadow boxers" in my head. Only instead of being what a boxer does when training, it turned into a sect of martial-artists who fight demons from beyond space and time.

Darkness Fighter = Shadow Boxer.

Then I had the brilliant (?) idea to mash that together with my "Old Masters" idea (an idea I had for a movie a few months ago). The movie is about a bunch of septegenarian martial artists stuck in retirement communities who band together to save the granddaughter of one of the old masters.

So look for InSpectres: Shadow Boxers in the near future (?). 70-80 year old boxers, tai chi practitioners and swordsmen taking up the call to battle the Forces of Darkness.
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Matt Machell

I'd play it. But then I've played a crotchety, 70 year old, wandering weaponmaster in Tribe 8.

Young people today, wouldn't know a heroic rescue if it clobbered them over the head.

Matt

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: MattYoung people today, wouldn't know a heroic rescue if it clobbered them over the head.

That's kind of the feel I want. Umm..."Grumpy Old Men" meets "The Matrix" I s'pose. :) One thing I want to add to the system is a "malady descriptor" -- where the character has got some kind of medical condition as a result of advanced age...it only slows him down a little, but it provides some comedic potential.

I dunno. Hmmm.

Instead of "cards," the metagame system will involve some kind of Yin/Yang thing where yer given/penalized dice for doing things that correspond to a Yin/Yang die roll. Or something.

Oh, and lots of cool Chi abilities that eat dice (kinda like InSpectres' "weird agent" rules).
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Jürgen Mayer

Sounds cool. Reminds me of my very old noodle street vendor kung-fu master Feng Shui character.

Har-ryu-ken!
Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com