News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[44] Cover sneak peek on the lastest Chimera Creative game!

Started by Matt Snyder, July 30, 2007, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Snyder

I'm nearly finished with my new game, 44. It'll be for sale at the Ashcan Front.

Here's the cover:

Here's the back:

I've already had some good feedback to suggest I flip the back so it's more like a mirror image of the front.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Yokiboy

Hey Matt,

That cover looks great! I had totally missed what 44 was about, but the cover blurb has me excited. Looking forward to seeing more about the system.

TTFN,

Yoki

Eero Tuovinen

What are the dimensions? And when's the commercial version ETA, if this is the ashcan?
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Matt Snyder

Thanks, Yoki. I'm looking forward to peple putting 44 through the paces

Eero, the dimensions are 8.5" wide by 5.5" tall. This is the same as It Was a Mutual Decision. (In metric, it's roughly 216mm by 140mm.) I don't yet know when the game will see full release rather than ashcan edition. That depends some on reaction to the game from ashcan players.

I don't expect to have a PDF available until after GenCon. Just lots to do between now and then.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

--Yogi Berra

Graham W

That looks great. I agree about flipping the back cover.

Good blurb on the back. Really professional.

Is this a finished game or an ashcan?

Graham

Matt Snyder

Hi, Graham.

This is an ashcan edition of the game. The text actually includes notes in the margins that seek input on specific game components. The book will be 64 pages with standard B&W interiors and the full color cover/back on thicker paper. It is saddle-stitched (i.e. the binding is stapled).

I did try the mirror-image cover, but it really didn't work for me. The basically pics I posted above. One nice trick is that when you turn the book over, it's a bit jarring (hopefully!) to see the silhouette suddenly have a face. This works almost like a flip animation. Almost. I like it.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

--Yogi Berra