News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Game Jam

Started by vikingmage, August 01, 2007, 07:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vikingmage

Sorry about the delay in getting back to this topic. Thanks for the support of the project from everyone. I have to say I began to feel drained of the willpower to carry on when the whole thing seemed to lurch off the original concept. I was still excited about it, but couldn't see a role for myself, except maybe as an illustrator. It appeared that massively more experienced and talented souls were signing onboard and wanting to create ... and that just made me feel nervous.

If people still want involved then I think the suggestion from Vulpinoid is a good one. Two seperate projects. One called Project Glorious Trainwreck. The other Wiki project. I am happy to support both, the former with my daft ideas and motivation, the later with my illustration skills (and I am not a bad little scribbler!)

Thanks Ron, Seth and Vulp for the support. Cheers to the other souls. Lets create!

David Artman

Quote from: vikingmage on August 25, 2007, 05:33:00 AMI have to say I began to feel drained of the willpower to carry on when the whole thing seemed to lurch off the original concept.

Dude... do your own thing and forget about counter notions. That's all I meant above, with the "GO! Do it! Start right now with five facts!" post above. Your "pure jam" Glorious Train Wreck doesn't require any planning beyond the basic "metarules" I suggested above or something similar:

"First posted, first credibility; no challenging or trumping or denying.

I'd suggest you make a length rule, however, to avoid someone driving it completely off a cliff before anyone's even gotten a toe on the running boards. How about maximum of five clauses (i.e. Universalis Facts) per post; and you can't post again until at least fifteen other clauses are posted? Be sure to continue the numbering of the previous poster, as that will show 'simultaneous posts' and, thus, where contradictions, denials, or incoherency might occur accidentally."

QuoteThe other Wiki project. I am happy to support both, the former with my daft ideas and motivation, the later with my illustration skills (and I am not a bad little scribbler!)

Me, too. I'd like to Jam (again, if it's going to have any chance of reaching a usable conclusion) and I'd happily help with a wiki project.

For the latter, we need some kind of host setup; I could host temporarily, until the design is "finished" and compiled into PDF format. But for the former, you can just start a new thread with your Metarule of Element Addition and press the GO! button. (Cross-link to it in this thread, so we don't miss it, OK?)

David
Designer - GLASS, Icehouse Games
Editor - Perfect, Passages