News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Collaboration?

Started by DannyM, August 18, 2007, 06:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyM

Hey Guys,
  I just wanted to put this out there. I am an Illustrator who is developing his own game at the moment. But in the meantime I wouldnt mind working with others on a gaming system. I love sci-fi ( dont get me started about Bladerunner, Alien, Star Wars etc) horror ( John Carpenters "The Thing", Jacob's Ladder, Hellraiser etc) and Manga/Anime ( Akira, Ninja Scroll, most anything that Masamune Shirow has done as wel as Battle Angel Alita).

I love hybrid genres and anything that is offbeat and new.

Basically I wouldnt mind doing artwork for a gaming system while someone else concentrates on the games mechanics. If any one is interested feel free to contact me.

I have an online gallery at :
http://ddeezer.deviantart.com/gallery/

My scraps ( basically sketches) can be seen at:
http://ddeezer.deviantart.com/gallery/scraps/

Cheers,
-Danny

J. Scott Timmerman

Hey, Danny.

Wouldn't this be a better post for the "Connections" section of the site?  I like your stuff, though.

-Jason T.

DannyM

Total Apologies. Can the webmaster just delete this thread? I have reposted there.

Thanks for pointing that out, my bad.

-D

Ron Edwards

Hi there Danny,

Posts and threads aren't deleted here. If they're totally out to lunch in any number of ways, I move them to the Inactive File. (One might visit the Inactive File as an educational field trip, I suppose.)

This thread is no big deal - just the usual getting used to a new place. So let's close it, which means, no one post to it again, and in time it will slip down the page. The point is to show publicly that there's no big deal, no crime, no punishment, regarding the usual steps of joining the Forge.

VoidDragon, you're the one whose shoulder I am clapping down on, with my big meaty hand (well, not too terribly). When you see something like this, which is a friendly person who's a wee bit confused, don't ask them what they should be doing. They don't know and may feel threatened. Be nice and suggest that they re-post in Connections, and then notify me using the Report this Post link. I'll do whatever needs doing them. I applaud your motive but ask that you refine your approach.

If anyone has any questions about my policies about these things, please post them in the Site Discussion forum. Again, this thread is closed.

Danny, please feel free to post new threads and to post to current ones, if their topics interest you.

Best, Ron