News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Example scenario

Started by james_west, June 21, 2001, 11:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james_west

I'm thinking when you release the alpha, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have an example scenario, to give people an idea of the sort of story you had in mind to be told in this setting.

This would have the added advantage of removing the variable of scenario design from initial playtests: if everyone's running more-or-less the same scenario, it's easier to compare notes between them.

[ This Message was edited by: james_west on 2001-06-21 23:57 ]

GreatWolf

Ahead of you on that.  :smile:

I completely agree, both to standardize the initial playtest and to free me from having to write up how to create your own story setups.  This has the added benefit of making it possible to release the alpha more quickly.

I envision the alpha as being a quick rules intro and a sample scenario to run through.  Of course, with the relationship map basis for Alyria scenarios, I figure that each group will end up exploring multiple possibilites anyways.

I also plan on including one or two sample scenarios in the final book when it is released.  This will enable players to get right into the game and also gives a feel for how the game "ought" to be run.

[ This Message was edited by: GreatWolf on 2001-06-22 12:08 ]
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

james_west

Don't know if you're still taking playtesters, but I'd be happy to try it out on my group, when it's ready.

- James