News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Nittany Game Invasion] What Would It Take to Get You Here?

Started by Bill_White, August 26, 2007, 05:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill_White

So last night my friends Mendel, Shreyas, Gary, and I decided to put together a mini-con of sorts, a conlet if you will: a day-long event on Saturday, Nov. 10, held under the auspices of one Penn State student club or another in a small space on the University Park campus in State College, dead center in the commonwealth of PA. We envision running indie story games in three or four game slots across two sessions, morning and afternoon, with a dedicated "demo" track with 20-30 minute demos running in it and an hour break for lunch to take advantage of the nearby restaurants on College Ave. Our plan is to publicize it on campus to try to draw in some latent as well as manifest gaming constituencies on campus. But we also hope to attract "immersed" indie gamers who might be willing to take a day trip to beautiful Happy Valley for a day o' gaming goodness. So my question is, what game would we have to run to get you here? That is, is there anything that if you knew it would be available to play, you'd block out the day and drive however many hours it would take to get you to central Pennsylvania? Alternately, what would you want to run?

Let me know.

[cross-posted on Story-Games]

Michael S. Miller

First, I'd need to know if there was a home footbal game that weekend. As I recall, hotels become prohibitively expensive and impossible to find on football weekends.

Next, um, I'd need to know how to sign up. State College is less than a 3 hour drive for Kat and I, so we'd love to attend.
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

Bill_White

Hey Michael -- We very cleverly picked one of the four or so weekends that wasn't a home game. I'm glad to hear you guys are interested; pencil it in on your calendar and we'll keep you posted. -- Bill

iago

I might know some people up at that end of things (though most of them have moved away).  I might could manage it, but a lack of proximity to the summer convention surge would help a lot.

Michael S. Miller

Um, I'm a little confused, Fred. How is a one-day event in November "in proximity to the summer convention surge"? I mean, it's a full two months after DragonCon.
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

iago

Quote from: Michael S. Miller on August 28, 2007, 09:24:11 PM
Um, I'm a little confused, Fred. How is a one-day event in November "in proximity to the summer convention surge"? I mean, it's a full two months after DragonCon.

With about ten seconds to read, it's really easy to miss a date in the original post. :)

Robert Bohl

Bill,

I'd like to go, but it'd be contingent upon:

a) me being able to get somewhere to stay relatively cheap and
b) me being able to get a babysitter (not your problem)
Game:
Misspent Youth: Ocean's 11 + Avatar: The Last Airbender + Snow Crash
Shows:
Oo! Let's Make a Game!: Joshua A.C. Newman and I make a transhumanist RPG