News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Hi, I'm new

Started by Hackfleischkannibale, August 27, 2007, 03:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hackfleischkannibale

Hello everyone, I'm Arne from Germany, and I have no clue what else about myself I should post.
Maybe a current game idea of mine: The players play humans occupied by some kind of ghost that retains their memories when they die and occupies a new human. The ghosts (or whatever suits best, aliens, gods, those kinda things) all strive towards special aims (like killing some important person, rescuing someone, or those kind of things you'd more expect when playing SR) the occupied humans (let's call them bearers) don't know and maybe aren't actually happy with.

I'm open to every good idea...

Thisdude

This sound like a good idea. It would be cool if like each ghost has it's own story. Like a background on there life or how they died. That way say one ghost died by being beaten to death by a gang in a dark alley, then his "Mission" could be to get revenge on the gang one at a time so that his soul can rest. Maybe make it a dark horror type of game. Def a m rating. Hope these ideas can help.

Callan S.

From what I've seen from games like dogs in the vineyard, an attractive position is with the roles being the other way around - the players would play the ghosts and you'd play the humans who are unhappy with the ghosts mission.

Playing a human who is just reacting to someone else seems to be a less important part of the game to play compared to the person/ghost they are reacting to. If they are going to play the humans, will the game mechanics make their role more important?
Philosopher Gamer
<meaning></meaning>

Thisdude

Another idea that comes to mind is. A group of 4 souls have been trapped in limbo, and they have to find a way out each of them with there own special ghostly power. One could be able to takeover a humans body and another could summon other ghosts for help. The third could use objects and walk through walls. And the last could use a high pitched squeel to stun an enemy or uses it's cold to freze an enemy. They could go along the whole storyline killing an haunting using there special powers and making things wright and getting revenge.