News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[In A Wicked Age] Chapter 1: The Prophet of No Self Control, plus strawberries

Started by Meguey, August 28, 2007, 11:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily Care

It was our third session on Thursday, so we opened the floor for a new gm. I took the role.

One of the gm's tasks is to choose interests against the pcs so as to create a direction for the story and a good hook for the players to pick up on. Vincent said to "pick your strongest npc and cast it it strongly against some them".  One of the cards chosen was "a group of mothers and a midwife" and in that or another a demon was making people ill. So my interests for the demon was to kill all the mothers and to end birth in the land of Adun, Joshua's character who had become worshiped as a god.

Intense situations ensued.
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

Meguey

I LOVED playing the midwife, who knows Adun as a wild man but not a god, and probably has one of his rings (see Chapter 1), totally turn out the raging priest 'mortify your flesh and deny all pleasure' priest. Somewhere I have notes on each exchange in the last two chapters.

lumpley

And I learned firsthand that the game's as much fun to play as it is to GM, which is exciting to me.

I played the chief of a clan of goatherds living outside of Asha's city, in the enforcedly-undeveloped land there. My people and I were friends of Adun's, not members of the cult of him. I had a very enjoyable conversation with J as Adun, where it started out light and then slid into this ... place ... then slid out into lightness again. I like Adun a lot, he's one of my favorite characters in our recent roleplaying.

There was an awkward moment where we forgot how the rules work and grief came of it, but then we remembered how they work again and the grief went away. Funny how that happens.

Julia's new character, Shaahin (is it?), wound up as the spoiler in this chapter, the same way that Meg's character (Omid? I don't have the notes with me) did in chapter 2. I like the way that's working and I hope it keeps up: just when you think you know what'll happen, the character who's been hanging back steps up and the whole thing whips out of control.

This chapter also saw more exhausting and injuring than the first two. I suspect that that will continue: as we get more and more invested in the world and the ongoing story, there'll be more and more important things to us for the other players to threaten, and that'll mean that giving up dice remains an attractive option.

I'm rooting for untamed but I bet that civilized wins in the end.

-Vincent

Meguey

Quote from: lumpley on September 10, 2007, 11:47:59 AM
I like Adun a lot, he's one of my favorite characters in our recent roleplaying.

There was an awkward moment where we forgot how the rules work and grief came of it, but then we remembered how they work again and the grief went away. Funny how that happens.

I second the first, for sure, and am happy for the second. I think this will ease up too, because we'll know the rules better.

Archer5280

PbP HOUSE. Games Live Here.
High-quality play-by-post roleplaying.

Kairos

Quote from: Archer5280 on October 02, 2007, 02:46:15 AM
This game looks so cool, I can hardly stand it. :)

I couldn't agree more!  I was introduced to Dogs by Archer over at PBPHouse.com.  I was thrilled to discover it was made here in the Valley (the wife and I live in Williamsburg, MA) and that I could get a hardcopy at Modern Myths.  If you need any local playtesters for Wicked Age, I'd be happy to help out. :)

Best of luck with the project!

lumpley

Kairos

Quote from: lumpley on October 09, 2007, 10:22:43 AM
Oh hey, cool. Hi neighbor.

Check this out if you haven't: jiffycon.com.

-Vincent

Vincent,

Thanks for the tip!  I've emailed a pre-reg request for me and my wife.

Cheers,
Brian

The Bane

lumpley

John Harper

Oh... that is fantastic news.

I plan to be at Dreamation, but just in case that doesn't work out, I assume it will be available from the lumpley store and such, yes? As you know, I can hardly wait to get my hands on it.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

lumpley

Sure will.

Oh hey, wanna see the cover image? It's here. The fold goes between the sorceress and the whispering spirit.

-Vincent

John Harper

Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!