Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2020, 09:44:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 260 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: non-nostalgic D&D  (Read 13240 times)
Callan S.

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 01:32:25 PM »

Hi Julia,

Is that the first thing that comes to mind? It sounds like your finished with something that's the whole game for you. From what I read here, beyond the colour/trimmings of the game, it's like chess or a seduku. So it'd be like being finished with chess or seduku, which doesn't sound right to me. How did you see it?

Philosopher Gamer
<meaning></meaning>
greyorm

My name is Raven.

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 08:05:21 PM »

It was written before I was born!

MAN, you kids is young!
(I cut my teeth on that stuff.)

Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio
Parthenia

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 01:02:04 AM »

Is that the first thing that comes to mind? It sounds like your finished with something that's the whole game for you.

Yes, that's the first thing that comes to mind, but in reference to your comment, no, that's not what I meant at all. I don't feel "done" with D&D, and I'd totally play it again.

When I was in junior high and high school, I was really fascinated with D&D and wanted to play it, but never found anyone to play with, until last week at GenCon. I've been out of my teens for almost 18 years.

Julia

TwoCrows

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 02:26:44 PM »

quote author=greyorm link=topic=24609.msg239527#msg239527 date=1188101121]
[i]MAN[/i], you kids is young!
(I cut my teeth on that stuff.)[/quote]

Those kids are yMAN, you kids is young!
(I cut my teeth on that stuff.)
Callan S.

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 06:43:04 PM »

Hi Julia,

Ah yeah, I think I get you. It kind of completes a desire to explore the concept/that RPG. I'm not sure I've really completely tried out an RPG like you have here. Where you've sort of wrapped up a loose end/facination from teenagerdom then moved on to deciding an over all opinion - rather than never getting a complete experience of the game and just continuing on the initial passion to explore the thing fully.

Though I think that might be a feature for many - a friend of mine who'd stopped playing table top and just plays world of warcraft now, couldn't understand having goals for the game when I said I'd met mine in getting to level sixty in it (the old max level). Perhaps it can be considered a feature to never be able to form an over all opinion on the game. Heh, just meandering in my thoughts, it's a requirement for D&D threads don't you know! Wink

Philosopher Gamer
<meaning></meaning>
GB Steve

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2007, 05:21:13 AM »

The funny thing is I played D&D red box at SteveCon two months ago. It was totally a nostalgia trip for me and pretty much the same experience as you had with your game.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: