News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Minion Strife Costs/Glory Awards and Positioning Ties

Started by Ludanto, September 08, 2007, 04:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludanto

If I make a 5-point minion, and bring 3 of them into play, that's 7 Strife, right?

Now, what if later, in a different battle, I bring in 2 more?  Is that 2 more Strife, or is it 6 more (5+1)?

If my Gorgon has a d10 Name and a d10 Hunt, and there's a Hunt contest against the Gorgon, does the highest rolling player get an extra 5 Glory, or just 1, since I didn't spend Strife on that particular roll?

How do you handle ties on positioning rolls?  It might be important to see where the other guy is planning on moving.

Thanks!
Circumstances: [Lost] [Unprepared]

Ludanto

Also, the book says (p 66) that defeating a minion is worth one Glory.  Then it says that in addition, when the battle is over, the heroes get Glory based on the Strife spent on the opponents.  Does that include the minion costs as well as the regular NPC costs?
Circumstances: [Lost] [Unprepared]

John Harper

Good questions!

When you create the two minions later, that's 6 Strife. However, if you create six minions, and three survive a battle (they run away), then you can bring those three back in later for free. It's the creating that costs.

Against the Gorgon: The highest rolling player gets 5 Glory.

When you tie for position, the highest battle ability breaks the tie. Then Grace, then Insight. If you truly tie, rock-paper-scissors or something.

When a battle is over, you don't get extra Glory for Strife spent on Minions. Just 1 Glory per minion, when they go down.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!