News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Geek.Kon - Madison Wisconsin

Started by Clyde L. Rhoer, September 11, 2007, 08:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clyde L. Rhoer

Geek.Kon is taking place on October 6th through 7th. It's a first attempt at a local convention that is being put on by UW-Madison students. It's free of charge this year, it's all geeky not just RPG, so there will be Anime, and Sci-Fi, Board Gaming, Video Games, folks in costumes, etc. The folks from Flames Rising are doing a Games on Demand table(s?). According to Nearby Gamers there are quite a few indie and indie curious folks in the area so it should be fun.

Now this isn't a who is going thread, since this forum purpose is for organization. I want to ask more; what are our plans, what games are we bringing, who wants to sleep on my floor? What have I missed?
Theory from the Closet , A Netcast/Podcast about RPG theory and design.
clyde.ws, Clyde's personal blog.

Matt-M-McElroy

We will be running demos of Obsidian: the Age of Judgement, a|state, Scion, Agon, Colonial Gothic, All Flesh Must Be Eaten and a handful of other games throughout the convention. We have the games on demand table both days of the convention and I'm hoping to have a variety of demos to offer.

If anyone is interested in helping out at our games on demand table, let me know. I'd like to run demos of more indie games, but I'm not sure how much time I have between now and then to put the demos together.

Regards,

Matt
"What Are You Afraid Of?"
www.flamesrising.com

Clyde L. Rhoer

Hey Matt,

What time are you folks planning on arriving to Madison? I'm not interested in volunteering to run games, I've volunteered to do one seminar on podcasting, and one interview if Mike Holmes can make it, otherwise I really want to just play. I missed playing at Gen Con. However, I may be able to motivate some locals. Any thing in particular you were hoping to get someone to run?

Matt-M-McElroy

Hey Clyde,

We actually live in Madison, so we'll be around pretty early on Saturday morning...

I think we have the table pretty well covered throughout the convention at this point. I've been talking up the convention and touching base with local gamers since my last post. I think we've got a good mix for the table.

I also hear there will be some open gaming tables as well, so things are looking pretty good.

Regards,

Matt
"What Are You Afraid Of?"
www.flamesrising.com

Clyde L. Rhoer

You what? I could have swore you were Milwaukee folks. I wonder where that idea came from. I didn't realize you were in bicycle range. I'll be there bright and early also and I'll let my friends know, I could have swore I mentioned the GOD thing to them earlier.