News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Game X or Escape from Illeria] Call for Playtesters

Started by Simons, September 12, 2007, 12:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simons

Hey all,

Escape from Illeria (or Game X, haven't quite decided yet) is approaching a state of doneness, though I probably still have a lot to go.  I think I've gotten most of what I can out of my own group of friends, and am now looking for others to help.  If you'd be willing to playtest it, please either send me a PM or email me (stumpy_is_at@yahoo.com), and I'll send you the current rules (I will be traveling soon, and might not always have access to the internet, but will try to reply as fast as possible). 

For those who would like a description of the game:
No one is really sure what happened, all they know is that the all wizards of the Isle of Illeria are gone, and that the fruits of nearly three hundred years of their work was simply left behind.  The thought of the unimaginable riches within has drawn treasure hunters and adventurers from around the world.  However, even if the wizards are absent, their presence and the effects of their work can still be felt, as those who enter the island begin to feel a strong connection with the spirit realm, a parallel world when magical energy is drawn from. 

Game X is a wargame/RPG hybrid, set on the Isle of Illeria.  It was designed in a way that attempts to bring more in-depth strategy into the game.  Due to the rift between the worlds, each game takes place on two boards, one to represent the real world, and one the spirit world.  Players must split both their attention and resources between each world, as defeat in either often means death in both.  Each player controls a party of characters, and is expected to supply his or her own models (rather than ones coming from a Game X boxed set).  Because there are no set models, individual characters are highly customizable, with 26 character types (and options to create your own), and over 100 abilities. 

Thanks to anyone willing to give this a try!

Simon