News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Acts of Evil] Hexes and blessings

Started by Spooky Fanboy, September 23, 2007, 06:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky Fanboy

For those good, old-fashioned curses that last unto the seventh generation, which Aspect would they use?

I can see arguments for Voice, but I think Memory, with it's attachment to time and memory of things that have not happened, might be a better bet. Besides, I think Memory is kind of shortchanged in the "kewl" factor, and this would make a nice addition to Memory's repertoire. ("This is how I remember your death happening, so you may want to prepare yourself...")
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Eero Tuovinen

Memory shortchanced? I always thought that it's just about the coolest of the Aspects. You can know everything!

But that aside, which Aspect to use would depend on what you're trying to do with the curse. If the point is to rattle the target by pronouncing heavy truths that will come true, then Voice is the way to go. If the point was to grow a second, lecherous head in the target's armpit (and the armpits of any descendants unto the seventh generation), then it's clearly Imagination. If your curse is equal to a geas or foretelling of some kind ("You will never again wash your nether regions as long as you live."), it'd be Voice or Memory, depending on whether you're ordering the target to act in some manner or just noting for posterity that this is, indeed, what the future has in store for the target.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Paul Czege

Memory is about the past. I'd judge a curse as either Voice or, if you're calling something vexing into existence, Imagination.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Spooky Fanboy

Quote from: Eero Tuovinen on September 23, 2007, 10:34:55 PM
If your curse is equal to a geas or foretelling of some kind ("You will never again wash your nether regions as long as you live."), it'd be Voice or Memory, depending on whether you're ordering the target to act in some manner or just noting for posterity that this is, indeed, what the future has in store for the target.

This is basically what I was going for. The "oh, by the way..." noting that the cursed individual will never have wealth again, nor will his/her descendants.

Spooky Fanboy

Quote from: Paul Czege on September 23, 2007, 10:42:55 PM
Memory is about the past. I'd judge a curse as either Voice or, if you're calling something vexing into existence, Imagination.

Paul

Oh, okay then.

Paul Czege

Y'know, upon reflection, I can see a Memory aspected curse, pretty much exactly as Eero describes. And particularly if it's from an occultist who's been to the future, and so can "remember" what's in store for the other character.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans