News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Analyzing the REIGN supplement ransoms.

Started by GregStolze, October 01, 2007, 03:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregStolze

To celebrate putting up REIGN's fourth supplement for ransom, I did the tedious job of poring over the contribution numbers from the first three.  So here is that rarest of creatures in the RPG biz -- actual numbers.  Specifically...

People!
136 individuals have donated to the three REIGN supplements.  Of those 136...
   80 donated to only one supplement, and...
      32 only to the first supplement,
      19 to the second, and,
      33 to the third.
   38 donated to two supplements, divided thus...
      16 to the first and second,
      13 to the second and third, and,
      8 to the first and third            
   18 donated to all three supplements.

Time!
   #1 got its goal met in 19 days
   #2 got its goal in around 25 days
   #3 got its goal in 5 days

Money!
   The biggest single donor for Supplement #1 was $70.  That donor paid only into Supplement #1.
   The biggest single donor for Supplement #2 was $130.  That donor paid only into Supplement #2, but in a close second was a donor I'll call "The Big Dog."  More on him later.
   The biggest single donor for Supplement #3 was $100.  That donor paid only into Supplement #3.
The Big Dog
   There's one donor who paid into all three supplements -- and generously!  He was not only the first donor to the first supplement, but he's underwritten REIGN to the tune of $170.

# # #

Analysis!
   Okay, that's a purty pile of numbers there, nice and concrete.  What conclusions can we attempt to draw from them?
   No big surprise, the most common interaction is a single donation, which might appear to bespeak a mild commitment to the game.  But the fact that the biggest solitary donations in each Supplement are from singles makes me wonder if there aren't people out there who are happy to sink a pile of dough in to one supplement (presumably one that really appeals) and then say, "Did my bit."  The nice thing is, the ransom method makes that work.  The surge in donations to #3 makes me hope that a lot of the people who bought it at GenCon are getting into the supplement model as well.
   The small, hardcore group of triple donors are probably the alpha adopters -- the guys who got in early, really liked it, and advocate for it. 
   The double donors are interesting.  Most of them went for 1 & 2.  Could mean they participated and then got tired of it.  On the other hand, 3 went so fast that a lot of them may not have gotten time to donate.  (Man, would I love to believe THAT!) There's a pretty big bunch going for 2 & 3, which is a positive sign any way you slice it, I think -- people who are starting to trust the ransom method, getting more into the game or whatever.  Then there's the 1/3 splits, who fall in between the one off "I'm done" types and the triple "gotta do ALL!" categories. 

# # #

There it is.  Questions?  Comments?  Incisive insights?

-G.

rafial

What's really impressive is that Supplement 4 has already taken in over $200, despite being, as far as I can tell, completely hidden :)

oliof

GregStolze

Yeah, I'm pleased with how fast it's going, though it hasn't caught up to "My Sick Kitten" yet. 

https://www.fundable.com/groupactions/groupaction.2007-09-28.5197137944

It shouldn't be hidden -- I had a devil of a time getting it to accept the action, because Fundable was apparently shifting from .org to .com.  I can't seem to add keywords to it now, and it doesn't come up when you search "REIGN Stolze."  But I sent out an email to all the people who've asked for announcements.  We'll see how it goes.

-G.

Minx

Quote from: GregStolze on October 01, 2007, 03:01:53 PMOn the other hand, 3 went so fast that a lot of them may not have gotten time to donate.  (Man, would I love to believe THAT!)
Heh, you actually can believe it, that's exactly what happened to me.

After buying Reign and greatly enoying Supplements 1+2, I was really looking forward to donating for 3. But I as too slow, figuring "oh well, it's still at 50 percent, I guess I can donate tomorrow when I come back home".

I was mistaken. ^_^''

But I do intend to (finally) donate this time.

Aaron
------------------
When you love something, let it go.
If it doesn´t return, hunt it down and kill it.

rafial

Hah! by hidden I just meant that at least as of last evening, I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere on your site or on the REIGN forums.  Luckily it was showing up on the "recently added" list on Fundable.