News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Polaris] First game!

Started by JC, September 24, 2007, 05:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

hey :)

I'm playing Polaris this weekend, and I'm excited!

all of us are new to the game, so we have a few hesitations

here are my first questions:

when you start the game, are the King and Queen (and Algol for that matter) still around?

if not, who (if anyone) leads the People?

(oh just realized: is it the Senate?)

are the King and Queen legendary figures, from so long ago that no one is sure anymore they really existed?

thanks for your help!

Ben Lehman

Quote from: JC on September 24, 2007, 05:13:48 PM
when you start the game, are the King and Queen (and Algol for that matter) still around?

Not as such, no. It's possible that they've become demons, particularly the Frost Maiden and the Solaris Knight. But it's also possible not.

if not, who (if anyone) leads the People?

(oh just realized: is it the Senate?)

The senate is one possibility. It's also possible that no one knows for certain.

are the King and Queen legendary figures, from so long ago that no one is sure anymore they really existed?

The King and Queen vanished during the Mistake. How long ago that was, and how the people remember it, is up the play-group. Don't worry about it too much.

yrs--
--Ben

Garvey

In the game our group is playing, the Senate elected a Consul (or maybe two, we've only seen one in play) who leads the Remnant, in the spirit of ancient Rome.  I've seen (or rather been told of) games where the king is still around as well (it could have been a new king though).  Maybe the knights run the Remnant.  There are so many possibilities.  Its all up to the players and what happens in play. 
Matt

JC

our game got postponed to next week-end, and another question has come up, about seating-order

here's the situation: two players have created characters that will probably come into conflict (which is cool)

would you recommend these two players sit opposite each other?

this was our first impulse, but now I'm thinking it might lead to "my character vs. yours"?

Ben Lehman

Quote from: JC on October 01, 2007, 05:17:19 PM
our game got postponed to next week-end, and another question has come up, about seating-order

here's the situation: two players have created characters that will probably come into conflict (which is cool)

would you recommend these two players sit opposite each other?

this was our first impulse, but now I'm thinking it might lead to "my character vs. yours"?

It doesn't really matter. Just make sure to follow the rules about protagonist control and statements about opposing protagonists.

yrs--
--Ben