News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Viking Con] A Day in the Life

Started by Jason Morningstar, October 16, 2007, 02:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanne Harder Flamant

Quote from: Per Fischer on October 17, 2007, 07:12:13 PM

I'm merely critical - I don't 'dislike' the Danish tradition at all, which btw is not only Danish, as Jonas also mentions. I think it's great, and it's been great for roleplaying in Denmark, and I'm a part of it.

OK, sorry for that interpretation :)

I have been told that a similar tradition exists in Ireland, and it certainly does in Sweden. I still own "Ett Eko Från det Forflutna" (An Echo From the Past), a Kult scenario by the game's authors Michael Petersen and Gunilla Jonsson for the Swedish Lincon 1991, professionally laid out and printed. In 1991 most Danish scenarios I know of were photocopied and often even just a pile of handwritten notes.

Actually I had the pleasure of having one of my scenarios run at a convention in Ireland, once. I'm not sure how it went, though. It also suggests to me that maybe the Irish have something in common with the Danish, scenario wise?
As for the other Nordic countries, I had the pleasure of attending the Scandinavian LARP theory convention Knudepunt this year - http://www.knudepunkt.org/. I got the impression from the surprisingly many P&P writers that attended too that the Danish tradition is something pretty unique, though obviously there are people doing similar stuff in the other Nordic countries. The Danish convention Fastaval will have contributions from both Sweden (Vi åker jeep) and Norway (Matthijs Holter).

QuoteAs a matter of fact, I think this makes the stories really focussed and heartfelt. They have some kind of artistic depth that I enjoy very much.

Oddly enough, that's what I get with the weird hippie shit I play nowadays :)

I can see how what I said might be interpreted as 'collaborative storytelling is less artistic than auteur storytelling.' That's not what I meant, though.