News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[carry] New Print Run Coming Up

Started by Nathan P., March 30, 2008, 10:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan P.

It's getting to be time for another print run of carry. While I'll be combing the text back and forth looking for typos and small things to correct, I can always use more eyes! If anyone happens to have notice a typo or mystifying piece of text in the book, please let me know. I can't offer much, except my gratitude and a shout-out on the back page, but I would really appreciate it!

Just so y'all know, I'm not rewriting any of the game per se - this isn't for a new edition, or anything (though I've been doing some soulsearching about that). It's just "this is misspelled" or "this wording doesn't parse" or "this reference is wrong" kind of stuff.

Thanks!
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters

Moreno R.

Quote from: Nathan P. on March 30, 2008, 10:27:04 PM
It's getting to be time for another print run of carry. While I'll be combing the text back and forth looking for typos and small things to correct, I can always use more eyes! If anyone happens to have notice a typo or mystifying piece of text in the book, please let me know. I can't offer much, except my gratitude and a shout-out on the back page, but I would really appreciate it!

I listed some confusing (or needing an errata) text in this thread, in the middle of other questions

Just so y'all know, I'm not rewriting any of the game per se - this isn't for a new edition, or anything (though I've been doing some soulsearching about that). It's just "this is misspelled" or "this wording doesn't parse" or "this reference is wrong" kind of stuff.

This include changing some of the examples, or they stay the same too? They were the thing that got most criticism in the first edition...
Ciao,
Moreno.

(Excuse my errors, English is not my native language. I'm Italian.)

Nathan P.

Thanks for the reminder and the suggestion, Moreno. Revisiting the example text is certainly something I should, and will, do.
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
I think Design Matters

Mel White

Virtual Play: A podcast of roleplaying games
http://virtualplay.podbus.com

Nathan P.

Revisions are done, and I'm now awaiting the proof. Thanks for the feedback, Moreno!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to revise the examples in a manner that satisfied me with the time I had to devote to the revisions. Fortunately, there are a number of fairly straighforward errata-things that I changed, mainly to smooth off some cruft that I don't think ever got used in actual play. I'll be posting a document with the changes for those who already own the game when I get some more free time, hopefully soon.
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
I think Design Matters