News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Creating Backgrounds

Started by Filip Luszczyk, November 05, 2007, 10:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filip Luszczyk

A-ha, a solid analysis.

It should be a good resource for working with the mechanics.

I find it an interesting observation that low dice can actually be pretty useful for purposes different than Fallout accumulation and staying power (as in: not always worse than fat dice in terms of general potential).

Thanks for the lecture.

Ben Lehman

You're all welcome.

Oh, there's one other thing! High-die relationships, carrying over the high die from a previous conflict, and Demonic Influence are the only ways to get non-d6s at the start of the conflict. The highest pair is almost certainly going to go to someone with d8s and d10s on the table at the start, so if it's really important to you that your Dog gets to go first in a conflict (this can be useful for setting up fictional framing, as described above), you want your Dog to either be a possessed Sorcerer or to just have some strong relationships going into the conflict.

A nice little extra boost for relationships, which are honestly the poor cousins of Dogs dice.

yrs--
--Ben

P.S. Belongings are basically the same as traits, except that they're not often big dice.

zornwil

Thanks a lot guys, need to digest but quite interesting, appreciated all around.
- Wilson

Marhault

Ben, I'm printing that out and stuffing it into my copy of Dogs.  It's awesome, thank you.