News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Dead

Started by Cooper, November 06, 2007, 04:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper

Hello, I thought I might pass this along, but Kreg Mosier released a new version of his game called "The Dead," a game about death and relationships....in the zompocalypse. The link to the pdf is at http://mosierworks.com/projects/theDead/index.html

I would recommend downloading the web version first because the print file is a little too big for it's page length. It is a very good looking game as far as the production and layout is concerned. The system has some real cool dice mechanics for dealing with the physiological effects of the the dead getting up and attacking the living (and how building relationships can save you from being as cold as the dead). This is not a story based system, but it does have some cool elements in it that give the players a wee bit of control over the upcoming story.

This is not quite the zombie game that I have been waiting for, but I personally think it is better than AFMBE.

Anyway, I thought there might be people here that would be interested.

Eldrad

Cooper

I had re-read the game right after posting that first one and I have to say that THIS IS BETTER THAN ALL FLESH MUST BE EATEN for the simple fact that he brings in rules that are appropriate to the genre (all flesh is pretty generic). He said that The Walking Dead inspired the rules and it really shows with the "relationships" and "coldness" rules.

Eldrad

AND it only takes a few minutes to make a character.

Lucky me I work the night shift and have all access to the copy machine!

Ron Edwards

Hello everyone,

The Forge is not a bulletin board for posting links. It's a discussion site. The opening post in this thread does not begin a discussion. Cooper, you can post stuff like this at any of a hundred forums or blogs, but not here.

Eldrad, this is a big moderator post for you as well. When someone posts like that, your job is not to post in reply. I don't care how good the game is, or how much you like what you see, or anything. By replying, you're devaluing the community here, which is based on actually reading and communicating with one another.

The Forge is a good site only because the people in it act to preserve to the community standards. Please be part of that.

Cooper, this thread may continue only if you begin a discussion in the next thread which fits with the description of the First Thoughts forum.

Best, Ron

Eldrad

Sorry about that Ron.

Will read the Forum rules next time.

Still fairly new to this site. ;)

E