News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Dust Devils] Firefly setting?

Started by TheLHF, December 04, 2007, 11:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLHF

I just got my hands on Dust Devils (thanks to Games of Berkeley) and it's great. I'm itching to run it.

I have a vague memory of a down loadable chapter with rules for playing a Firefly like setting. I may be dreaming, especially because my searching turned up nothing. Is this still around? Was it ever around?

--Victor

Matt Snyder

Hi, Victor. It was never around. It's still on my back burner. I have a fabulous piece of artwork for "Star Dusters." Some day, I'll get around to creating the thing, but I have not announced when.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

TheLHF

Awesome, thanks for the response. I'll just have to wing it on my own if I decide to play Fir- *ahem* I mean Star Dusters.

Great game, by the way!
--Victor

DainXB

I wrote a comment to Matt Snyder about 'Stardusters' some time ago, and he was kind enough to respond to me in e-mail with the following quick-and-dirty 'Firefly' emulation, to use while we're waiting:

In the mean time, let me recommend something:
Use Dust Devils mostly "as is." Except, sneak in the "Loyalties" rules from Deathwish and call 'em "Crew."

So, now you're loyal specifically to fellow crewmates on the ship, a la Serenity.

I may add a couple other details between now and Stardusters release, but that really should make it Shiny.

I hope this helps.

--
DainXB