News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A question regarding Shields + Divine Weapons

Started by Ignus, December 03, 2007, 09:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignus

Hi there.

Just started a campaign of Agon with my gaming group and we're loving it so far. Refreashing, I think, was their comment.

Anyhoo, I think we've got the system set in our heads, quite happy with it. Just have a few niggling questions.

1: Shield skill. I've been using it as set out in the optional rule from the wiki and that, when you are in combat you can choose to use your shield skill die rather than your weapon skill die. Kind of a choice between killing or staying alive. Is that correct?

2: Divine Weapons. When you pay your 5 divine favour for a divine weapon, is it permenant or just for this combat/game/island? We've been doing it per game, but as we've only used one monster so far it wouldn't hurt if we changed it.

Thanks in advance ;)
Cattle die, kinsmen die, all men are mortal.
Words of praise will never perish, nor a noble name.
My Shiny Homepage

Mel White

Quote from: Ignus on December 03, 2007, 09:52:41 AM
1: Shield skill. I've been using it as set out in the optional rule from the wiki and that, when you are in combat you can choose to use your shield skill die rather than your weapon skill die. Kind of a choice between killing or staying alive. Is that correct?
That sounds right,  You get to choose one 'weapon' skill die, with the Shield skill counted as a weapon. 
That's not an optional rule, though, so I'll have to look at what's written on the wiki since I might be misunderstanding something.  Also, here is another thread about shields:  http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=24934.0

Quote from: Ignus on December 03, 2007, 09:52:41 AM
2: Divine Weapons. When you pay your 5 divine favour for a divine weapon, is it permenant or just for this combat/game/island? We've been doing it per game, but as we've only used one monster so far it wouldn't hurt if we changed it.
The divine weapon aspect lasts for just that battle. 
Mel
Virtual Play: A podcast of roleplaying games
http://virtualplay.podbus.com