News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Translating MLwM to Hebrew

Started by ODDin, December 14, 2007, 12:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODDin

Hi,

I wanted to translate MLwM to Hebrew, to introduce this great game it to the Israeli community. I'm not yet sure whether publishers here will want to actually print it, or maybe it can be put to sale as a pdf file.
I'd like to ask for permission to translate it, and I can give contact information for some Israeli publishers who publish RPGs.

Eero Tuovinen

Hey man, just publish it yourself! MLwM is a great and easy game to publish as a small self-published thing, while being a rather difficult project for somebody looking to make an easy profit off it (which is what a separate publisher entity at least should be doing). You can do MLwM with as little a budget as... 500 euros or so is more than enough to make a print version, pay Paul a fair licence fee and even get it re-illustrated if you want some local color for your version. If the going were really tight I guess you could do it with a zero budget as a pdf, too.

Such a fun hobby, translating indie games! I'd wish that more people did it.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

ODDin

A fun hobby indeed.
However, money isn't exactly a thing I have in abundance, and I was aiming at only translating it, not paying to publish it... :/
Since I guess publishing houses won't take the risk of publishing it (although I still didn't get a response on that), selling it as a pdf seems like the best idea - perhaps even from the website of Half Meme Press itself.