Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 11:07:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 60 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Considering Buying Fae Noir - Combat question  (Read 2714 times)
ctone

« on: January 09, 2008, 11:56:05 AM »

As the topic says, I am considering buying Fae Noir.  My favorite part of gaming is combat, and I like my games to be fast and furious.  I was reading through the sample in order to get a handle on the speed of combat.  The system seems intuitive and easy to understand (I especially like the bit about defenders doing damage); however, I can't really get a feel for how fast it is.  I was wondering if anyone can tell me, for example, how long does a 4 on 4 combat series last in both rounds and minutes?

Also, I really enjoy playing gnomes.  Would they be classified as brownies, or maybe leprechauns, in this game's setting?
JustinB

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 11:56:44 AM »

If I were to make a gnome out of one of the default fae races (and I would do so, they don't really fill a special niche, in my opinion) I'd say that they're Eastern-European elves. Brownies feel too big to me, but an argument could be made for them also.

The length of combat varies a bit depending on which weapons are being used. A fist-fight takes longer than a gun-fight because being shot is much worse for you than being punched is. That said, I'd estimate the combat you're describing as taking 2-3 rounds in most situations which would translate to perhaps 5-10 minutes of gameplay at most. Significantly less with a group who've played a couple of sessions.

If anyone has an actual-play example to back up a time measurement for this kind of combat, that would be great.

Check out Fae Noir, a game of 1920's fantasy. http://greenfairygames.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: