News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Demon Desire] Here It Is, Play It, Thanks

Started by ODDin, January 25, 2008, 03:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODDin

Well, so I've finally managed to make a game from start to finish, but I still need playtesters for it to be worth anything.
So, here it is, my game. Enjoy, and I hope to get some reports so that I can polish it and make it worthy.

rafael

Hey, Michael,

I'll definitely give it a look, but a few things:

You probably want to post this in the Playtesting forum: http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?board=62.0

Your document might be easier to print if you make a couple of changes -- first, to cut down on paper consumption, you might want to make sure there isn't as much white space. Second, to make it easier to read (and use), you might want to change the red text to italicized text -- or maybe put it in a box.

I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to play the game, but I'll read the document and share my thoughts with you (for what that's worth).

-- Rafael

Rafael Chandler, Neoplastic Press
The Books of Pandemonium

ODDin

Hey,

First of all, thanks for the interest, I'll be more than glad to hear your input on this. :)

Now, on the playtesting forum Ron actually said to post this sort of things over here... oh well.

As for editing the document: I'm not really concerning myself with the presentation at the moment as it's a sort of a beta. So there aren't really no facny fonts or page styles or illustrations. That might come later.
However, I'm not intending to actually print it, but rather to make it available for download free of charge. I'm really short on money and I don't think I can afford the risk of printing it out and hoping for people to buy it, especially considering that I can't come all the way to GenCon to represent it and sell it to the public.
(So all illustrations and fancy editing will be done by me and enthusiastic friends, I guess.)

Changing the playtester-specific text from red to something else I might, though.

Ron Edwards

Hi Michael,

This thread belongs here. Rafael was a little bit too enthusiastic in his recommendation, not a big deal.

As far as publishing options are concerned, many require little or no financial outlay at all. Ask about that in the Publishing forum, if you're interested. Regarding layout and illustration services, the forum we're in right now may yield a few more "enthusiastic friends" than you realize, especially if playtesting accounts are posted in Playtesting and generate interesting discussions.

Best, Ron

rafael

Totally wasn't thinking. I'm sorry about that, Michael.

I guess what I meant was, if I'm going to print it, I'm probably going to copy the document into word so that I can change the font from red to italics, and also make sure that I cut out all that white space (so that I can print it on fewer pages). You might want to consider removing all that white space and colored text, because that will make it easier for prospective playtesters to print out the document.

Talk to you soon,

Rafael
Rafael Chandler, Neoplastic Press
The Books of Pandemonium

ODDin

Okeydokey, I've edited the file. It's now 5 pages shorter and the red text became Courier New. I also fixed a typo (probably a lot more of those there, though).

Ron, thanks for the advice, I guess I will really reconsider my decision on not printing it. But I'll be asking about that when I'm closer to the stage where I actually have something to print. The same goes for artists, and I'll see how playtesting goes.

Now go play the game, what are you waiting for? :P