News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Legends of Alyria] How does Virtue determine the cost of Traits?

Started by hix, March 13, 2008, 12:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hix

I finally played Alyria a couple of nights ago (I've been wanting to since 2002!), and now I have rules questions.

On page 109 it says, "Virtue ... determines the cost of Traits purchased for the character."  'Purchasing Traits' is the very next section, but I can't find anything in it about how Virtue affects the cost.

Have I missed something from another section of the book?

(And it was a good game -- interesting for a whole bunch of reasons: rules, story, and social.  Hopefully I'll get the chance to rough up an actual play report in the next couple of weeks.)
Cheers,
Steve

Gametime: a New Zealand blog about RPGs

GreatWolf

That's an error.  Virtue doesn't affect the cost of Traits during character creation, but it does affect the I/C cost to change a Trait's value during play.

(And it was a good game -- interesting for a whole bunch of reasons: rules, story, and social.  Hopefully I'll get the chance to rough up an actual play report in the next couple of weeks.)

I look forward to seeing it.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

hix

Thanks Seth, that clears things up (and also made me look more closely at the rules for spending I/C).

I'll have another question shortly. I figured I'd put them in separate threads to help people who are using the Search function.
Cheers,
Steve

Gametime: a New Zealand blog about RPGs