News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[DS] Questions on the violence sequence

Started by Christoph Boeckle, February 10, 2008, 10:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christoph Boeckle

Hi Seth and Co.!

A few technical questions: on page 55 it says that the Authority gains a bonus investigation sequence if he or she inflicts 3 Violence on the investigator. So no bonus sequence if the Investigator inflicts the 3 points on the investigator?

In the appendix on sequences, I can read nothing about the above rule, but there's a condition for the Authority to refresh her dice: if the Investigator (capital I, should be small) receives 3 violence. Does it matter who inflicts it on the investigator?
This rule isn't detailled in the chapter on sequences, is it an artifact from an older version?

Regards
Regards,
Christoph

GreatWolf

Quote from: Christoph Boeckle on February 10, 2008, 10:58:49 AM
Hi Seth and Co.!

A few technical questions: on page 55 it says that the Authority gains a bonus investigation sequence if he or she inflicts 3 Violence on the investigator. So no bonus sequence if the Investigator inflicts the 3 points on the investigator?

Correct.

In the appendix on sequences, I can read nothing about the above rule, but there's a condition for the Authority to refresh her dice: if the Investigator (capital I, should be small) receives 3 violence. Does it matter who inflicts it on the investigator?

This rule isn't detailled in the chapter on sequences, is it an artifact from an older version?

The rule on the bonus sequence and dice refresh is on page 51.  The rule on page 55 is actually referring back to this rule.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Christoph Boeckle

Thanks for the confirmation and sorry for my blindness. For some reason that rule had completely escaped from my memory (perhaps because I was used to the beta rules...)
Perhaps some kind of cross-linking for ease of reference could be interesting for future prints.
Regards,
Christoph

GreatWolf

Quote from: Christoph Boeckle on February 21, 2008, 04:56:48 PM
Perhaps some kind of cross-linking for ease of reference could be interesting for future prints.

The PDF has some cross-linking included.  Many headings in the Rules are linked to the corresponding section of the Handbook (and vice versa).  That wouldn't completely solve this problem, but I thought I'd mention it.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown