News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Cheap freelance web stuff

Started by ChrisLane, September 26, 2007, 07:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisLane

I am a general purpose computer nerd.  I'd like to do some freelance bid work as a part time supplemental job, but I need a portfolio of work to point to (I work in Finance industry, and anything I do there is their intellectual property.)  I've got two three year old boys, so I don't have the time to do free work, but I'm up for cheap work.  I'd consider working for books (especially signed) if you've got something I really want (cough-Evil Hat-cough-cough.)

I do:
Really advanced Flash stuff (I'm used to custom data driven charts and graphs)
HTML and CSS
Javascript
classic ASP
ColdFusion
Enough database-y stuff for data driven websites (and/or XML.)

I don't do:
Java
Art
Editing / Proofreading
Credit Card handling  (I'll link to PayPal, or whatever else... too much law involved to set you up with just a merchant account)

I learned the hard way not to quote a price 'til I've nailed down exactly what I'm doing.

I'm not sure where it'd be useful here - but I love working in Python.  This would be more for local applications than web pages.  If you can think of an executable you need, or an executable you'd have as a download (character generator?), I can be cheap and really enthusiastic.  I know there's a free python module that allows me to create pdf's as output, but I haven't used it yet.

Feel free to Private Message me if you're interested.
Current project: Adversaries (working title)

JohnG

Consider yourself Private Messages sir!  I look forward to hearing back.
John Grigas
Head Trip Games
headtripgames@hotmail.com
www.headtripgames.com

Current Projects: Ember, Chronicles of the Enferi Wars