News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Grey Ranks as physically published

Started by Ron Edwards, March 01, 2008, 11:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hello,

This is posted to provide Bully Pulpit Games with some feedback about the paper and general physical features of Grey Ranks.

A couple of days ago, I moved in such a way as to knock Grey Ranks from about shoulder height, balanced as it was on other games on top of a dresser, into the cat dish on the floor. You will pleased to learn that our cat eats kibble, which is dry. Mysteriously, as neither kibble nor book is made of rubber, the latter then bounced directly into the cat's water bowl. That bowl is metal and is left over from the days of Alex, the 150-pound malamute, who is deceased, but whose dish we retain in his memory. It is not a small item and the water is generally just over two inches in depth. The event caused a splash and a soak.

I rescued the book, but not immediately, as I was concerned with my irreplaceable copy of Ysgarth, which had been under Grey Ranks in the game stack, and which I was concerned might also fall somewhere, say, into the water bowl as well, or behind the dresser, or into another dimension. After a few seconds had passed, I'd fished out Grey Ranks. I raced to get paper towels and to see whether I could save the book from becoming so much pulp ... and to my surprise, the book was basically fine. The cover wiped dry immediately, and the pages were only wet at the edges, and not bloated or stuck together.

That's a damn good physical book you published.

Best, Ron

Jason Morningstar

Gah, books and water, water and books!

I'm glad your copy survived.  That's the work of Publisher's Graphics, and you experience seems consistent with their high quality - we've been very happy. 

Thanks for the after-action report!

Steve Segedy

Yeah, thanks for the kind words, Ron.  I was worried at first that you were going to say the ink ran right off the pages. 
The Shab-al-Hiri Roach and Grey Ranks, available now at IPR!