News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A Harping Monkey and His Lovely Wife Want to Edit Your Manuscript!

Started by Mick Bradley, February 18, 2008, 07:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Bradley

Hi, I'm Mick Bradley from the Harping Monkey Web site. I'm diving deeper and deeper into the whole indie-hippie-story games scene and based on some encouragement from recent self-publishing seminars at cons, I'd like to offer some services to the indie-design community.

I'm a freelance Web designer whose specialty is HTML, CSS, and PHP, and I'd be happy to discuss Web design possibilities with anyone who might be interested.

But my focus here in this post is to emphasize that I'm also an experienced print layout and copyediting guy, and that my wife Leah has been a professional magazine and book editor for over nine years. We're both very interested in working with creator-owned and small-press game design folks. We can do anything from layout to proofreading to full-on editorial work, and we'll do it for reasonable prices that are sensitive to self-publishing budgets.

Rates are negotiable on a case-by-case basis, but can be expected to hover around a penny per word, with discounts for taking us as a package layout/editorial team.

If you're interested, contact me via email at harpingmick@gmail.com. We can talk things over, I can provide samples and references, and we can work out a way to get your needs met.
Mick Bradley
Heart of a Bard, Soul of a Poet, Skills of a Monkey
http://harpingmonkey.com/tgtmb/

Jason Morningstar

Thanks for making this offer, Mick.  More editors = more good, and your general rate is very reasonable.